Solar Business Development and Research Intern
Reneu Energy is a solar energy consulting firm, which focuses on capital advisory for solar energy projects, energy hedging and environmental commodity brokerage, and creates customized research regarding development of solar projects in different markets. We also act as an owner rep for companies looking to go solar from a y technical and financial perspective.
The founder and CEO of our company has worked in energy and renewable energy for 13 years. He worked in the project finance group at SolarCity which recently merged with Tesla, another solar installer, a private equity firm that invested in renewable energy projects, and in the energy group for a financial advisory firm.
The company has a combined experience of over 80 years in project finance, environmental commodities, solar energy project development, engineering, and legal and has been in business since 2012.
The intern will have many different responsibilities requiring many different skill sets. The team will give the intern more responsibilities depending on how the intern performs. The internship will be a paid internship and the hours will be between 5 to 20 hours per week during the semester and during the summer it would be 30 or more hours. The intern will be reporting to the CEO of the company. Below are some examples of the responsibilities.
- Develop a strategy on how the company can develop utility scale and commercial and industrial solar projects in the US
- Work with senior management on creative solutions on combining solar and energy storage technologies in the US and internationally
- Research different states in the US that are great markets for solar and create a brief report regarding the opportunity
- Review early stage solar opportunities to see if the projects are viable
- Research potential clients and find the contact information of the decision makers
- Create and update the financial model based on different solar projects that we are analyzing
- Perform Administrative Tasks as needed
- Current, full-time masters student with a passion for renewable energy and sustainability
- Excellent writing and verbal skills
- Demonstrated ability to research primary and secondary sources
- Skill in managing multiple activities, delivering on commitments, and operating with speed, accuracy, and strong judgment
- Strong work ethic
- A willingness to learn new things and an ability to execute quickly.
- Works well with minimal supervision
- Work independently and from a virtual office setting
- Proficient on Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint as well as possess the ability to conduct internet searches.
- GPA of 3.2 or higher
- Financial Modeling required
- GIS experience required
If you are interested, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.